Log In Problems
Common remedies for most log in problems. Please read through entirely before contacting us with log in problems.
Probable cause is a corrupted cookie. We need to set a harmless cookie on your hard drive so the database knows who you are every time you change pages, without it you would need to log on dozens of times during one session. Go to your browsers options and delete all cookies, or, if you don't want to delete all your cookies, look for the one that contains the following: ' @www.rigg-access.com ' delete this cookie then try to log on again - please note, you need to have 'cookies enabled' on your browser. Still being bounced back? Getting a blank screen? This is caused by your browser not accpeting our cookie for some reason, common culprits are Norton Internet Security, McAfee, Zonealarm etc (see below for how to add us to their security settings.
First off, idenftify any firewalls or privacy related software (including windows firewall and windows defender), disable them then try logging on to your rigg-access.com account. If you can log in, identify which piece of software caused it then tweak its settings to allow access. If it is firewall related, you can ad us to your safe list, as a general guide, try the following:
Add rigg-access to your firewall, please select your firewall below:
Open NIS, NPF, or NIS Pro on the gateway computer.
McAfee Security - Personal Firewall
Open the Trusted Zone list of computers:
- For NIS or NPF 2004+, double-click Personal Firewall, then click the Networking tab.
- For NIS or NPF 2003, double-click Personal Firewall, then click the Home Networking tab.
- For NIS or NPF 2002 and 2001, click Personal Firewall, then click Internet Zone Control.
- Click the Trusted tab, then click Add.
- In NIS or NPF 2004+, the Networking dialog box appears.
- In NIS or NPF 2003, 2002, or 2001, the Specify Computers dialog box appears.
- Add our IP addresses: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
Trusting an Address:
- Right-click on the McAfee icon, point to Personal Firewall, then click Inbound Events.
- Right-click on any event that shows 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206, then click Trust the Source IP Address.
- Verify that the IP address displayed in the Trust This Address confirmation message is correct and click OK.
- Manually adding an Address:
- Click on the Utilities tab
- Click on the Trusted & Banned IPs icon, then click the Trusted IP Addresses tab.
- From here you should be able to add an IP address manually.
Make sure that our IPs 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 have been added to the Trusted zone. To find out how to do this:
- Open Zone Alarm Plus or Zone Alarm Pro, then press F1.
- From the search tab, type "subnet" (no quotes).
- Double-click on "Adding to the Trusted Zone."
There may not be a listing for the profile you entered, our server deletes all non working email addresses so it is possible your account was deleted. To test, try searching for your surname in the employment database, if your surname is not there, your account has been deleted and you need to fill out the form again. If your surname IS listed, you are probably entering the wrong username/password combination, to fix this, click the 'forgotten password' option at the menu on the bottom of the page. Add your email address [the one you have in your profile] and your log in details will be immediately sent to you.
This is because of 1 of 2 reasons:
1. your session has timed out due to your internet browser being inactive for longer than 40 minutes. Please return to the search pages and try again.
2. Your internet browser has prevented you from viewing your log in screen. This is possibly a result of the disabling of the session variable (or per-session) cookies within your browser settings. Investigation of this increasingly common problem has shown us that this occurs to people using Internet Explorer version 6 as their browser. The reason for this is that Microsoft security downloads disable the cookies which are always set to 'enabled' when the browser is initially installed.
To remedy the problem, please carry out the following action; from the menu, click on:
Web sites - to override cookie handling for individual web sites, click 'Edit'
This web site address (URL) is then entered into the managed web sites
This keeps the Microsoft security downloads effective & does not advise you to switch off your specific areas of security.
Still having problems?Contact us
Please include all relevant information, error messages, computer operating system, browser, time of error etc and we will endeavour to help you out.